It is not too early to register for IAMERS 23rd Annual Meeting to be held in Charleston, SC, 4-6 May 2016 at the Charleston Place Hotel.
The registration form and additional details can be found here.
Lynette and Stuart Latimer (Trisonics, Inc) and Rob Kerwin
Don Bogutski (DiagnostixPlus) and Jason Shina (Absolute Imaging Solutions)
Mike Kane (De Lage Landen) and Mike Schmit (GE)
Carolyn and John Shaw (Northeast Electronics)
Josh Block – Block Imaging International
by Philip F. Jacobus , President of DOTmed
Last week, I attended the annual meeting of the International Association of Medical Equipment Remarketers and Servicers (IAMERS) in Washington, DC. It was a great meeting and I was alert throughout the entire event. Sometimes, when you attend these meetings just for the sake of networking, you want to fall asleep during the lectures — but not so this time.
Some of the high points included:
1. Sean Cavanaugh, the director of CMS, gave us a review of the present but also some predictions about the future. It was extremely interesting.
2. Derek Guest, the executive director of the Remanufacturing Industries Council, talked about protocols his organization had developed so the definition of “remanufacturing” is the same everywhere. Because of the FDA it does not fit perfectly, but I think we all learned a lot.
3. Congressman Ron Kind, Democrat from Wisconsin, spoke to us at lunch. Normally, I would run from the room rather than listen to a politician but this guy was great. He tailored his talk to our industry and was amazingly conversant on any topic that anyone asked him about. Very impressive.
4. Michael Mabry, the executive director of the Radiology Business Management Association (RBMA), spoke about the challenges that radiology managers face and what his organization is doing to help them. It was also an extremely interesting talk.
5. Daniel Vukelich, the executive director of the Association of Medical Device Reprocessors, talked about the evolution of reprocessing in the U.S. and in Europe and the positive impact surrounding reprocessing. It is green, it saves money and many would feel it is just logical.
6. And no IAMERS meeting would be complete without Wayne Webster and his mixture of humor and cynicism. This year, Wayne discussed the challenges of XR‐29 and left me feeling like it may not be as big of a deal as we thought it was.
7. Josh Block started out the morning talking about what important things we should all keep in mind to be successful business people and humans.
Sadly, I missed Linda Comisar because I had to be back in New York on Friday, but having spoken with her at the Thursday dinner, I am sure she gave an invigorating presentation.
This year was a great event and I am glad I was able to attend.
My compliments to Diana Upton for putting together a great meeting.
ECR Report from Michael Friebe here.
Here is one of our new members, Wayne Kramer from W7 Global, at his booth at ECR.
Thinking about becoming a member? Click here to find out more.
You’re invited to join us for the 2015 Members’ Reception at the ECR
Friday, 6 March 2015 • 7pm – 10:30pm
Palais Hansen Kempinski • Schottenring 24 • 1010 Vienna
No Charge for Members • €1000 pp for non-members
RSVP by Tuesday 24 February 2015
PLEASE RSVP TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
Everyone must be pre-registered.
Members not pre-registered must pay €400 pp.
Some additional details:
Members can bring employees/family members/guests to the reception. Your dues category for 2015 determines how many you can bring.
1 – 15 employees = 2 people
16 – 99 employees = 4 people
100+ employees = 8 people
Ex-members cannot come as guests
All must be pre-registered
Add’l attendees €300 (pre-registered)
Here are a few pictures from the recent DC Meeting.
U.S. Senator Tammy Baldwin (Wisconsin) with constituents Mike Schmit, Tom Jamison and Chris Lorenzen from GE
Members Mike Wray, Jim Goldner, Anders Jensen & Tim Martin
Tom Freund with Senator Baldwin, IAMERS Lobbyist, John Weinfurter and Rob Kerwin
Mads Vittrup, Diana Upton and Dave Stopak
Members enjoying dinner at Joe’s Prime Steak and Stone Crabs
Dr. Cesar Perez from FDA addressing IAMERS group
Mark Leahey from Medical Device Manufacturer’s Association (MDMA) gives the luncheon address at Thursday’s meeting
Barry Feldman, Phil Jacobus, Chris Lorenzen, Ander’s Jensen, Mike Schmit & Tom Jamison
IAMERS gives Senator Baldwin 2014 Small Business Champion award
Helping Small Business Help the Economy
April 30th – May 2nd 2014
Willard Hotel • Washington D.C.
Sen. Tammy Baldwin
Mark Leahey, CEO
Medical Device Mfgr. Assn.
Small Business Initiatives
CMS Trends in Reimbursement
Global Markets Review
U.S. Dept of Commerce
Contact Diana Upton at email@example.com for more information.